Experimentation with Gelatine

Sadly I couldn’t find any agar in Asda today, but I did manage to find some gelatine. I decided to have a go at moulding some simple shapes. This is the first of a few attempts with varying consistencies. This is probably the weakest consistency that I will try, it was the recommended 1 sachet to 550ml of water and the outcome wasn’t great. The small Ice cube tray seemed to hold it’s shape much better than the larger cubes. Perhaps it needed more than 4 hours in which to set.

DSC04196 DSC04197 DSC04198 DSC04199 DSC04200 DSC04201 DSC04202 DSC04203 DSC04204 DSC04205 DSC04206

I then tried with a stronger consistency, with 100ml less water and some food dye… and they came out much stronger. They lasted for 3 days in this state before they started to melt down again.

DSC04207 DSC04208 DSC04209 DSC04210 DSC04211 DSC04212

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s